Senior Linux Systems Engineer, Arizona
Location - Scottsdale, Arizona
- Administration of Redhat, CentOS, and other Linux operating systems.
- Satellite management, Ansible and puppet scripting.
- Configuration, maintenance and respond to the alerts of the monitoring system.
- Prepare for new product related releases and assists with new initiatives and upgrades
- Work with our product development team to implement and support new client offerings
- Explore and integrate new technologies, transitioning operations from traditional administration and deployment to infrastructure as application leveraging automation/configuration management technologies
- Work with Security initiatives including hardening of golden images, fixing vulnerabilities, implementing PAM, and other security related projects.
- 10+ years experience as Linux Administrator
- Occasional work after hours or weekends at our co‐location facility
- Rotational after‐hours support with 24/7 on-call duty
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs + to move servers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science
- US Citizenship required
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with Redhat IDM or FreeIPA
- Strong technical problem solving skills and experience in IP networking and static routing FTP, SSH, SMTP, DNS, HTTP/S, DHCP, Syslog logging facility
- iconectiv has a footprint in AWS, Azure and Google cloud providers. The person coming onboard must be experienced in AWS EC2 instance administration.
- Assists with Avamar backups and recovery
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Mongo databases
- Experience in a high‐availability, mission critical environment, and disaster recovery testing.